9.30.2011

We Wed: The Party

When I started planning the wedding I decided that I really wanted a theme. I feel that everyone appreciates a good theme, especially when it is executed really well and has actual relevance to the couple (or whoever/whatever the event is celebrating).

I chose "Come Fly With Me" for a variety of reasons, the primary reason being my growing up in the military and Zane's education at the Air Force Academy and (then) upcoming Air Force career. I also love rat pack music, the style of the 1950's with the feminine accents and classic lines, and the meaning behind the phrase. The fact that this was a wedding, a time when Zane and I would be joining together to begin our journey together, seemed very appropriate.

note: i have loved looking at the pictures of the reception because I didn't get to get a good look of how it all came together while I was actually there! it appears like it looked great... whew!




The wind was so crazy that we had to move the reception from the garden to inside the "barn". 








My extremely helpful aunts who made sure it was all running smoothly.



Zane wanted some of that italian soda so badly...


I am so glad that we were able to get a photo booth. We had props from Zane's academy life, aviator sunglasses, an aviator cap, and a small plane for people to use in their photos.

2 comments:

Knit-Zilla said...

Those pictures in the wind, with your sister catching your windswept veil, were funny!

LarkenBird said...

Nic everything really did come together so well!