
Today Eric has been gone four months. He is already 1/6 of the way done, and that is definitely a weird feeling. It's awesome, but it's like wow, this is for real. I don't know, it's just really weird. That's the only word I can think of.
I got a letter from him yesterday. Let's just say he is in full missionary mode right now, but I can't tell you how happy that makes me. It's definitely a transition, but it is exactly what needs to be happening and I am so proud of him! He really is such an amazing guy and I am so grateful that he is my best friend.
His mom called me yesterday telling me that the US Ambassador to Bolivia told the Bolivian missions that the American missionaries needed to leave the country. Church headquarters called her yesterday and told her that Eric was leaving that night. We don't know where he is right now, but tomorrow is P-day, so hopefully he'll be able to e-mail us and let us know where he is. I know that he is safe though wherever he is. My cousin Lauren was exactly right when she told me that he is the safest right now than he ever has been because the Lord is looking after him more than ever.
I love my missionary.
No comments:
Post a Comment