10.14.2011

An Autumn Brunch

The first weekend of October is always spent watching the General Conference of our church (LDS). We hear from our church leaders about a variety of subjects including faith, repentance, and charity.

This year, Zane's mom was coming out to visit so I used her visit as an excuse to get some of our friends together for a brunch Saturday morning. I took full advantage of it being the fall season and centered the menu around those flavors. We had pumpkin pie yogurt parfaits, a spinach, onion, and bacon frittata, baked apple french toast, a pear, gorgonzola, and walnut salad, and mini zucchini spice muffins. It was all super yummy (except for the parfaits, too runny) and it was fun to introduce Carolyn to some of the friends we've made here.



The centerpiece. I have a love affair with mercury glass.

Some of the yummy spread



Some fall decor. Look in the mirror and you can see the cute halloween banner Carolyn made for me!


Our newlywed friends Mickelle and Duke.


More newlywed friends! Charlton and Melissa.

1 comment:

Mickelle said...

yay!! we made the blog!! great breakfast