1.25.2009

I'm Never Indecisive

This Fall I am planning on studying abroad. The only problem is I can't pick which one I want to do. They all sound awesome in their own way and I have to turn in my application by this Thursday. Note: I realize some of my pros are shallow, but really, this is everything that is running through my head right now.

VIENNA



Pros: Live with a host family, visit Prague, learn German more fluently, "old world" feel in the city, smaller group, about $2,000 cheaper

Cons: Includes only one meal/day, not as interesting of classes, older couple leading the group, what if I don't like my host family, not a lot of group excursions

LONDON



Pros: Theater, lots of excursions including one to Paris, English accents, shopping, more interesting classes, no language barrier, family leading the group, larger group so more potential to make friends, Tower of London, Globe Theater, Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, two meals/day included

Cons: Not as much of a cultural immersion experience, more expensive, do not learn a foreign language

JERUSALEM


Pros: Once in a lifetime experience, excursion to Egypt, religious sites, warm, cheaper than London

Cons: Political violence, have to take an Arabic class, not as much of a cultural immersion experience

So where do I go??? Vote on the poll to the right please or comment and tell me what you think.

4 comments:

Christina & Andrew said...

I've wanted to go to Israel for so long, and I still may go actually. I would definitely choose to go there over the others, although they all sound so awesome.

Jen said...

Wow!!! I would have a hard time choosing too!!! How exciting!!

Anonymous said...

There is cultural immersion that alot of the staff and professors are from Israel. Also so Arabic class is not hard, only one hour.
Kathy

Russ and Ashley said...

It is a hard decision, you should rate what is the most important aspect, cultural immersion or trips etc. I think getting into the culture is the best part, so I voted vienna.