
from my first "real adult" job this summer.
Adults are not nearly as smart, or at least have it all figured out, as much as they want kids (especially teenagers) to think.
I know, big surprise right? While I have had sneaking suspicians before, I can say now that this FACT has been proven to me by the adults I work with 40 hours a week in an office of about 30 people. This is not to say that the people I worked with were unintelligent, no, not at all. It's just that I discovered that adults don't have the world all figured out.
They still struggle with:
financial responsibility
getting along with their parents
deciding what they want to do with the rest of their lives
drama with friends/in the workplace
bad language
finding out who they are
drinking responsibly/not smoking/eating right/exercise
being honest
being aware about what is going on in the world
having their own opinions
All of these "issues" are stereotypical things that most adolescent/teenagers/young adults are expected to deal with and eventually, or so it seems, master. However, after my short time of experiencing part of the real world I have come to the conclusion that age is just a number, and really, figuring it all out will not happen for a very, very long time for some.
No comments:
Post a Comment