


College was great. I didn't know back in 2007 when I started what was going to happen over the next four years. I grew so much as a person, really learned about myself and what I want in life. College was also really hard. I've never had such lows before in my life. I had tough roommates, lots of homesickness, sent off a missionary, and was in a deep state of depression for pretty much my entire sophomore year. But those lows made me stronger. There were many times when the weaker Nichole would have given up and decided that it wasn't worth it. But I knew what I wanted, was able to look past those feelings, and come out the other side.
I am proud of myself. I don't get to say that very often but I really am. I'm also so grateful for my parents who never stopped loving me, supporting me, and helping me overcome those obstacles. I am grateful for family in Utah that helped me to feel a connection with my family when I felt so homesick. I'm grateful for Zane for motivating me to do better, to not settle and to push myself to be my best self.
Now we are looking forward to Zane's graduation from the Air Force Academy next week. I will be flying down to spend the week with him and my family. He will be commissioned into the United States Air Force as a second lieutenant, graduate with a Bachelor of Business Management degree, and end his time as a cadet. I will be going through the Denver temple with my parents, Zane, and Zane's parents.
It's a great time. A life changing time, but also super exciting. And the best thing about it is, I get my Zani love. :)
2 comments:
Congratulations! Things are moving along so fast suddenly.
I'm proud of you too :)
Post a Comment