1.10.2011

I've Been Doing Some Thinking

... a dangerous past time, I know. (name that movie)

I decided that this year (I know, late for grand beginning of the year proclamations, but oh well) I want to get out of my comfort zone. I want to try new things, things that I've thought about doing, always wanted to try, or even things I have said I would never do.

Some experiences are going to be cool, some things will be exciting. Some might be awkward and other things absolutely terrifying (like anything to do with heights or reptiles). There may be things that I have tried before in the past but were either unsuccessful or it has been a very long time.

I'm going to try and make them as legit as possible and have some ideas of what I may do but I definitely don't have over 100 ideas... I want to try and do a couple things a week. I may try a new food, go somewhere I've never been, learn about something I don't know about, make stuff, try hobbies, work on good habits or whatever. But yeah, I want to grow. I want to find new things to enjoy, expand my horizons and all that. I am definitely open to any suggestions people may have. But nothing to racy Eliana!

So today I started it off with something I have always wanted to try but was too scared, too lazy, had too many excuses, etc.

I went to a spinning class.

Muscles hurt in my bum and thighs that I had forgotten existed and my heart has never beat so hard like that in my entire life, even when I was a chunky middle schooler trying to run the mile or when I was pantsed during cheer practice in front of the football team my freshman year.


It was hard but I am super proud of myself for sticking through it to the end. My body feels kinda dead now and I can already tell walking will be painful tomorrow but I for sure want to try it again.

Take that long, squishy bum. I'm coming for ya!

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Where do you go to spin class? I want to come! I went once then immediately died of exhaustion.

sarabrown01 said...

Cute post!
terenceandsarabrown.blogspot.com

Justine said...

Yay for a spinning class. I never went before. I always thought it was a class you just sit on your bum and spin in circles.

Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

eliana23 said...

Spinning is pretty much the only thing I have never tried. Maybe you will motivate me.
And FYI, you have Hanni butt genes. There's very little hope.

Ena said...

thank u for your sweet post on my blog :) brought a smile to my face :) did u learn german in school?

the salad is really delicious!!! i loooove it! it's made with (first i have to look up the words :D) pasta, rocket, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic (muuuuuch garlic) and the oil of the sun-dried tomatos...

u and ur husband are so sweet together :)

Ramsey said...

Props on the motivation for spinning! I have to super motivate myself daily to make myself workout. Sheesh...this stuff is hard!