11.03.2010

The Continuous Struggle

Zane and I have this constant struggle with him trying to get me to text him more. I don't like texting. It annoys me and I think it's rude to text in class, during church, when you are talking to someone, etc. Because of this, I rarely use this form of communication. I would much rather actually talk to someone on the phone. On the other hand, Zane loves texting and doesn't really like to talk on the phone that much. This difference in preference has led to many discussions, persuasions, and pleas for one to succeed to the other. The following is an example of such a conversation we had last night on the phone.

note: this conversation was filled with sarcasm and teasing

Zane: Well if you loved me you would text me.

Nichole: That's not fair! Then I could say if you loved me, you would buy me an entire wardrobe from Anthropologie!

Zane: I already have, remember? I gave you that Anthropologie apron for Christmas last year. That's the only wardrobe you'll need when we're married since you'll be doing my cooking.

Nichole: Oh. My. Gosh. (followed by lots of laughing)

My how I love it when Zane acts like a male chauvinist pig. ;)

1 comment:

Sean said...

Heidi and I had the same problem for several months while we were dating. I was here at BYU, she was in Houston working. She didn't like talking on the phone, and I didn't like texting everything...

It worked out!