12.12.2010

Advice From an Expert



On Halloween this year Zane and I had the chance to meet President Uchtdorf. There was a special fireside for military personnel in the Salt Lake City area that evening and Zane and a few other cadets were able to come up for about 24 hours to attend. A synopsis of what he spoke about was printed in the church news the following week. You can read it here.

The overall feeling and what I learned from the meeting was that it is vital to not only our (Zane and I's) relationship and eternal family but also Zane's military career that we maintain a connection through faith, trust and prayer with and for each other, especially when we are apart (TDY's, deployments). As we grow closer to the Lord, He will bring Zane and me closer together even though we might not be physically together.

Because we should up like an hour and a half early, we were in like the second row in the chapel and had the opportunity to speak with President Uchtdorf. He shook both of our hands and talked to Zane about being a pilot. The people were crowding in quickly (as you can see in the photo) but it was a great experience and words of counsel that we will not forget.

4 comments:

syd b. said...

okay that is so cool. i'm jealous. you are going to be such a cute wife. i am in love with your engagements and that adorable house!

Nicole said...

yaya the church is true!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

How cool for you! I would love to meet him. He is amazing :)

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

That is such a neat picture of Zane and President Uchtdorf! What a great experience, especially since Zane was in Mexico when President Uchtdorf visited the Academy last year (right?). I'm so glad you two got to go!