So basically I'm the least luckiest person ever. I have built up quite the list of blogs I like to peruse, and occasionally there will be giveaways hosted on a blog. I always enter, even if I don't want to win, and I have yet to win a single prize. Sad day.
A couple weeks ago Pedaling over at Pedaling Fast was hosting such an event over on her blog. I started reading her my freshman year when her daughter Amber was in my ward. She's a fun read and has some very strong opinions (that I often share) and some way cute grandkids. Anyway, she was giving away two FOURTH ROW Jazz tickets for the Nov. 24th game. Once in a lifetime thing right? So I entered and anticipated finding out if luck had finally found me.
And... I didn't win. Usually I'm like whatever, that stinks, but I had really wanted this one and even told Zane about it because I was so excited. Well, that night I got an email from Pedaling herself saying, "Big daddy [her hubby] has a soft place in his heart for those serving this country. Especially those in the air force. Which do you like best? The Bulls on Thanksgiving night or the Trail Blazers on Saturday?"
How sweet is that?! In my comment to win the tickets, I had told her Zane and I's story about how we're doing the long distance thing since we're at different schools and that Thanksgiving was one of our few times together during the semester. Zane and I chose the Saturday tickets so this past Saturday we were up close watching while the Jazz killed the Trail Blazers with a final score of 108 to 92.
Zane insisted on taking me to the top of the stadium so I would appreciate how great our seats were.
I think BYU lucked out with Cosmo. He is by far the cutest mascot I have seen. The Jazz Bear was a little... scary looking.
Before the game, Zane took me to a great dinner at Biaggi's at the Gateway. He got a stuffed pizza, he has an obsession with pizza, and I got this Salmon/Shrimp/Asparagus/Cheesy Cream Rice goodness thing. We both could only eat like half, it was all so rich and filling! We walked around the shops and then walked over to the Energy Solutions Arena for the game. We finished the night with some Cold Stone and snuggling on the couch. It was a great night.
Zane is happy to be there... he just had food in his mouth.
I highly recommend this dish. SO GOOD!
Thanks again Pedaling and Big Daddy! It was great!
4 comments:
glad you two had fun.
i'll have to try that dish sometime!
enjoy these great dating moments
they will provide you with some of the best memories of your life!
yay for the jazz winning!
i'm a daughter of pedaling. so happy you guys had a fun night!
Thanks for sharing such a great date. It sounds like a lot of fun. ggh
I can't believe it woman, good job! We were sad not to see you in California but you had more fun probably.
Post a Comment