So I know everyone had their conference posts done last week... but hey, I went four months without blogging, so a week late is pretty much awesome.
On Friday we drove up Little Cottonwood Canyon to Silver Lake. I have never been up there and it was beautiful with all the changing fall colors. I love aspen trees so much. We then met Zane's mom Carolyn for lunch at Cafe Rio and walked around the Gateway. That night the whole family got together at Zane's house for pizza and a "scary" movie. We watched "The Innocents" from like the 1930's I think. It was the most awkward, confusing movie I think any of us have ever seen. It just turned into the boys making fun of it the whole time. Pretty funny.
The LDS cadets were given tickets to each of the conference sessions. Zane traded and was able to secure one for me so we went to the Saturday morning session together at the Conference Center. We were sitting on the main floor. It was so fun to be able to actually see the various brethren's faces up close, seeing who fell asleep, who talked to the others during the talks, etc. I was so happy it was that session we got to see because I loved President Uchtdorf's talk on love. I thought it was so beautiful and really inspiring, telling us how we need to communicate love and affection to those around is everyday.
Saturday night the boys went to Priesthood and Carolyn and I shopped around Gardner Village and then met Zane's aunt, cousin and a couple other ladies for dinner. Zane's family is so nice and friendly, I love meeting more and more of them. After that we met up with the boys and the kids all went on a date to the dollar movie.
Sunday morning was AMAZING waffles made by Kyle, Zane's dad, Conference in pajamas, and card making with Carolyn. She has a card group that she is in charge of every month where she designs the cards and creates kits for the ladies in the group to make them. She was so sweet and made one for me so we got to make cards during Conference. It was so fun and she is very talented!
Zane drove me down to Provo in between sessions because his flight left at 5:00. It was a great weekend, but definitely too short. I can't wait for us all to get together again at Thanksgiving!

2 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I love the cards!!
cute boy!
Post a Comment