10.16.2008

Finding a Replacement

Lately I've been finding that my best friend hasn't really been doing it for me. I don't know, it's not that we haven't been getting along, it's just I wasn't really looking forward to hanging out with her anymore.

So I've been hunting around for a replacement. Stationary bike: no. Classes: cost money. Stairmaster: not cardio and after like 5 minutes I thought my butt was going to fall off. That left the last thing I would ever, ever consider. Ever. Running.

Pros: It's cheap, free actually. And it something that you can do for life. And it affects all of your body, helping to not only burn fat and give your heart a work out but also build and tone muscles. The only problem...

I HATE RUNNING! In fact, I don't even think I can call what I do running. I'm not going to tell you what my best time on the mile is in the past five years, but it's definitely not something to brag about. Even when I was skinny and in the best shape I've ever been in I've never been a fast runner.

The problem is though, I don't really have any other options.

So, me and my maybe new best friend, using that title in the loosest of ways, have hung out a few times this week. And yes, by few I do mean more than once! And while I'm in the middle of it, it's awful. It's awful beginning, middle and end. But I realized something tonight. When I got in my room when I was done and started peeling my clothes off and felt that rush of energy and satisfaction I was like, wow, I just ran (ok jogged two blocks, walked one) 3 miles.

GO ME! Me and my friend will be hanging out regularly from now on I've decided.

And that feels good. (One of my goals was to do one of these by the end of my Sophomore year. I'm gonna do it.)

2 comments:

Adriana Melendez said...

Ha ha you're so cute! I just read some of your posts and I love your blog. BTW, I'm another MG..and no I'm not a stalker haha..I got your blog off of the MG blog discussion.

marisa said...

you can do it!